Home | Search Negril | Negril Map | Videos | Forum | Negril Calendar of Events | Where To Stay | Transportation | Restaurants | Things To Do

Page 1 of 9 123456 ... LastLast

Thread: We made it to the rock

User Info Menu

We made it to the rock

Got in yesterday, trip was exhausting. Fighting off a cold / allergies, god knows what the entire weekend, and felt awful the entire flight.

HOWEVER... USair left Philly on time, we got in 25 minutes early, and our driver was there waiting for us. Club Mobay arrival was pretty much a waste this year. I will most likely not use it on a Monday again. Pleasant experience, but zero time saved.

Arrived at Tensing, the place looks much nicer than last year. We were dealing with the after effects of Sandy last year, and large amounts of vegetation were lost. To call it lush this year is an understatement. The grounds are beautiful.

I got my first taste of jerk Pork for Ragabone/red dragon today. One of the lifeguards here drove up there and brought it back. He brought enough for four meals, so I may have given him a bit too much $j... Four giant hunks of coco bread and what appears to be a quarter pig. If no body else got any today, my apologies... I did not realize I was buying the lot.

Wi-fi is not working at tensing, so I have to do this in front of the office. Ah well, I can deal.

I am already up one bridge jump from the wife. It's off to the massage hut at three, then A nap, then Ivan's for dinner.

It's snowing back home, but... It is HOT here today.

More to follow throughout week. Pics are taking too long to upload, those will be given on return.

User Info Menu

Re: We made it to the rock

Quote Originally Posted by Hussyband View Post
    Arrived at Tensing, the place looks much nicer than last year. We were dealing with the after effects of Sandy last year, and large amounts of vegetation were lost. To call it lush this year is an understatement. The grounds are beautiful.
    I am so glad to hear this. I have been keeping my fingers crossed since the start of hurricane season that it would be a gentle year. We certainly saw the impact last year on the fruits and flowers. I'm almost at the single digit fidget now!

I hope you feel better soon. A few of those 'cherries' with the pork would certainly clear the sinuses out

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by Hussyband View Post
    It's snowing back home, but... It is HOT here today.
    Yeah, yeah - rub it in, Hussyband. I'm freezing my butt off here in Center City (37 degrees at lunch time!). Looking forward to more of your on-site report to help warm things up!

User Info Menu

Have a wonderful time!!!!

[/url]

User Info Menu

Oh to have some HOT PORK from Red Dragon..........................Your KILLING me here!
    "I'll love you till the stars fall out of the sky "

:cool

User Info Menu

No kidding!! Sunshine, Negril, Jerk Pork, Catcha..........since we had our first dusting of snow this morning, I am counting down the days. Enjoy paradise and keep us posted with all the activity. Enjoy to the MAX!!!
    [url=http://www.TickerFactory.com/]

User Info Menu

Oh, rub it in some more, Yetta!!!! (Let me zip up my parka before my tears freeze)

[/url]

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by WestEndGirl View Post
    Oh, rub it in some more, Yetta!!!! (Let me zip up my parka before my tears freeze)
    Why do I think there me be a spontaneous trip in your near future??

Cold here too now, below freezing today. YUCK! Nice to keep warm through others...

User Info Menu

Glad you made it. Cant wait for some Red Dragon Pork.. see you in a little over a week!!
    Timm

Don't Tread on Me!
    The tree of Liberty needs to be refreshed from time to tim with the "Blood of Tyrants"

User Info Menu

Hey Timm-- was just looking at your cottage this morning as I walked through. No need for the tarps this year, everything grew back with a vengance. We got red birch, which is really nice, but way too big for just the two of us.

Ok, so a bit more report. We stayed on the cliffs all day yesterday. Sun and swimming has served to completely clear out my sinuses.... Scotch bonnet may have played an integral role. I feel fantastic this morning.

The resort has three large Rhodesian Ridgebacks. Beautiful dogs, and completely spoiled by life in a resort. Two of them have moved into our living room, which is open air, so I just leave the door open at night. I tried to buy them some biscuits at the hi-lo, but the clerks looked at me like I was crazy, asking for biscuits for dogs...

Dinner was at Ivan's last night, my wife was so adventurous and ordered chicken Alfredo (snort), I had some delicious grilled snapper. As an after dinner treat, she wanted to try something new, and I convinced her bananas flambé were in order. Cindi (my wife) does not drink at all, and when the server poured the over proof rum on the bananas, I knew I would be getting those for myself.

Cook is making me jamaican breakfast again today, she promised breadfruit.

After that, it's swim time, then the ubiquitous shopping trip my wife has to have. Going to hit Times Square to get her an anniversary piece of jewelry, then I would like to try some of those other places I read about.... Hoping to find "aunty's thrill corner" for a pic of the wife to send to all of her nieces.

Beautiful morning, and very quiet. Yesterday evening, there was something going on over by sharks, and a couple argued for a good hour. I think the woman won the argument in terms of sheer volume at the very minimum.