Home | Search Negril | Negril Map | Videos | Forum | Negril Calendar of Events | Where To Stay | Transportation | Restaurants | Things To Do

Page 9 of 63 FirstFirst ... 45678910111213141959 ... LastLast

Thread: Simply Portland...Utterly Devine

User Info Menu

Re: Simply Portland...Utterly Devine

Good Morning *vi* & friends!

Fever grass (Andropogon Citratus) (Cymbopogon)
    Fever grass (lemon grass), is grown in Jamaica and has a soothing, light lemon flavour. Most people drink it to recover quickly from high fever. Fever grass is said to provide relief from nervous headaches, as well as stomach and urinary problems.

For two cups: Take about 2 four inch lengths of the grass and boil it until the water turns a very pale greenish color (or boil darker to desired strength) Sweeten with honey or brown sugar to taste.

When I grow up I want to be an herbalist!

User Info Menu

oh yes, LEMON GRASS!!! I've had it and bought it back with me. Helped me recover from a wicked hang-over. Didn't know it was also called fever grass. Thanks Goldilocks!

User Info Menu

good morning vi
    i was struggling with figuring out where this place is . . . driven that road hundreds of times and i've figured it's across the trident, in that neighbourhood . . . it's been almost two years since i've been back . . . thank you for sharing the pics and stories . . .

User Info Menu

Hi JitterBug. Thanks for the compliment.

As far as Match Resort, you can't see even a hint of it from the main road. Even when you go down the lane, you can easily miss it. My marker is the apartments that sit on the corner as you enter the lane.

User Info Menu

“Do you have to get back on the road?”

“No, not until about 9:00.”

“Can we stop at the beach?”

“No problem.”

It was close to 6:30 and I hadn’t had a red stripe all day!! Not to mention I heard that sausage calling my name all the way from the jerk center. Can’t ignore that! My visits to Boston Beach are mostly just to chill. Chill, drink, people watch and think. The bar below wasn’t playing music to I hooked my player into the speaker and pushed play.

I like swimming here (water shoes are encouraged). The waves are active enough to be fun, but not too strong you fear being carried away. This is where surfers train and practice for the big surfing competition in St. Thomas.

One time a hefty-sized gentleman offered to teach me to surf. I thought he was joking…about being a trainer that is…so I giggled. He pulled the free lesson offer off the table and departed. Later that afternoon I saw him on a board being carried back to shore by a medium swollen wave. He was good. Surfers do come in plus-size!! I had no intentions of getting on a surf board, but might have been nice just to float way out there and chat. Oh well…my loss.

User Info Menu

Nice Waves to play around in the water with...

User Info Menu

Sparkle, this is just one of many Portland waters to play around in...stay tuned, darlin.

User Info Menu

Awww Boston and no you didn't mention that sausage and I'm hungry too.....

Jitter,

There is a sign telling you where to turn for Match and yes very near Trident.

User Info Menu

Well Sammy, both of us are missing something good right now...that sausage and everything else about PA!!!!

User Info Menu

While waiting for the driver to return with my sausage, I sip the red stripe and enjoy some Nikka Costa…”Loving You” and “Someone for Everyone” after that “So” by War.

I replay “So” at least three times, every time. Lonnie Jordan is soulful and convincing as he asks an “X” why she left him. At the time, the song’s melody and tone of the artist’s voice fit the scene I watched so attentively from afar. The man appeared lonely, maybe a little heartbroken as he concentrated on stringing his beads. I’m sure that wasn’t his situation. But it was easy to let his presence be the video to the music. The consoling ocean in the background added to my imaginative video…I hope he doesn’t mind.