Home | Search Negril | Negril Map | Videos | Forum | Negril Calendar of Events | Where To Stay | Transportation | Restaurants | Things To Do

Page 12 of 63 FirstFirst ... 278910111213141516172262 ... LastLast

Thread: Simply Portland...Utterly Devine

User Info Menu

Re: Simply Portland...Utterly Devine

Thank you so much, Vi, for sharing your vision of the people, sights, sounds and tastes of Jamaica. Your straight forward, but poetic style are really refreshing. Your respect, openness and curiosity shine through your postings. I really appreciate being able to immerse myself in the richness you portray!! Thank you, thank you. Debrah

User Info Menu

Hello and welcome to the ride, Debrah. Thank you for your beautiful words. Port Antonio ignites my passion to write and express myself. Good or bad, I am able to face my failures, imperfections, negativities with humble eyes then be motivated to change what I can about my not-so-pretty ways. I need a lot of work…lol

Comments like yours and the others fuel my fire…I thank you all so much.

User Info Menu

“Dude, it’s hot!”
    “It’s summer in Jamaica. It’s usually hot in the day and hot in the night time as well…”
    “I know…I’m just cranky. Wish you didn’t have those shields over the windows.”
    “They reflect the rain.”
    “They also reflect the breeze.”
    “You want a cold drink?”
    “Yeah…get me one I can put my whole body in.”
    “I know where you need to be…”

After getting gas, we stop at the supercenter for a couple of cold bottles of water and snacks.

I didn’t ask where we were going…assumed Boston Beach since I wasn’t dressed for swimming. I just sat back and enjoyed the ride.

User Info Menu

Vi, I am so glad I checked in. I love your reports. You helped me a lot when we went to Portland. Your pictures are great and your stories make me feel like I am there with you. Makes me kinda want to go back.

User Info Menu

The picture above with the yellow building almost looks like Anna Banana near edge of town. I'm so loving all the pictures and your lovely thought provoking words!

User Info Menu

oh, the pictures are so comforting . . . remember every one of those buildings and streets and roads . . .the man and the dogs, the road, the sky . . . let me get my magic slippers to get there . . .

User Info Menu

Yes, the one with the guy and the dogs speaks to my soul. Oh, to wander down a quiet country road in Jamaica again!

User Info Menu

Jeannieb, welcome! Thanks so much. I remember you planning your trip and enjoying your many pictures after you returned. I also remember being envious of your Jamaica Palace tour. The Palace and the Trident Castle are on my list of places to walk through merely to oooh and ahhhh since I could never afford to stay in either one.

Schuttzie, I automatically smile when I see you have not only stuck around but posted your usual sweet words. So happy the pictures promote memories for you and allow you to enjoy familiar places and events. And to think, the ride has only just begun.

JitterBug, you have to let us all know where you got your magic slippers because I’m ready to be back in Portland YESTERDAY! Thanks so much for commenting and letting me know you are still with me.

Goldilocks, a ride down the long, winding bush lined road in Portland is, as JitterBug said, comforting. The route we were taking that day is seldom walked so it was nice seeing the man and his dog strolling under the bright sun.

User Info Menu

Seemed the further from town I rode, the cooler I became. Not that the temp went down, but my attitude improved. Crankiness was subsided by the beauty that adorned the sometimes rugged road.

It was only appropriate to let the reggae set play on as I found myself being immersed deeper and deeper into the land of where this often emotionally stimulating music originated.

Song after delightful song made conversation unnecessary.

I mean, how does one (man or woman) respond after listening to Jah Cure’s “Reflections” but within your mind repeat his chant

“I wish that Jah can come and take us back in time for I swear, I can be a better man.”

User Info Menu

Just started reading your report. I luvs mi some Vi report. I also luv the "Welcome Home" picture.