Home | Search Negril | Negril Map | Videos | Forum | Negril Calendar of Events | Where To Stay | Transportation | Restaurants | Things To Do

Page 6 of 63 FirstFirst 12345678910111656 ... LastLast

Thread: Simply Portland...Utterly Devine

User Info Menu

Re: Simply Portland...Utterly Devine

The Sunbeam bus let out it's earsplitting airhorn blast around every corner, the deep guttural moan, like a tractor trailers emits, was deafening. A heavy plume of greasy diesel exhaust trailed behind the bus like a smoke screen from an Aston Martin DB5. The sun was starting to set and the dark emerald green and indigo blue colors from the foliage and sky were indelible in my mind. I wondered "Well How did I get here"? I considered all that I had been through, I must have dreamed a thousand dreams in my land of confusion but now was no time to ponder the why's and how's. I remembered......... Hunter S. Thompson "Fear and Loathing in Jamaica"

Name:  Sun Beam Bus.jpg
Views: 522
Size:  94.0 KBName:  Green And Blue.jpg
Views: 595
Size:  92.0 KBName:  Buff Bay Esso.jpg
Views: 583
Size:  91.7 KBName:  Coastal Breeze.jpg
Views: 592
Size:  96.0 KB
    Last edited by johng; 09-03-2013 at 02:27 PM.

User Info Menu

Nice photos johng. This was Portland...perhaps closer to st. thomas??

User Info Menu

Actually no vi, Portland it is. Up the hill from Buff Bay, Goblin Hill at San San, Buff Bay and along the ocean highway old road (is there a new one?) toward Annotto Bay.

User Info Menu

Oh wow, in the opposite direction. You've got vintage shots and I'm sure extradinary stories to go along with them. Would be soooooooo cool for this forum if you would start a post about your travels there. I would be glued to a back in the day report about Port Antonio.

User Info Menu

okay...now more reporting...

Match Resort was my home away from home the first 7 nights in Port Antonio. I toured the property a year prior. Really liked it. Now after staying there, I love it! I went from stranger to guest then friend then family in the first 2 days of being here. I noticed renovations, upgrades and additions right away.

I'll post the grand tour of the property a little later.

User Info Menu

This was my room. Just the right size for me. AC was excellent and housekeeping was fantastic. LOVED the fresh smell of my room afterwards and never had to ask for clean towels. Bed gave me nightly restful sleeps.

User Info Menu

My first evening was all about me remembering me.

I decided not to go anywhere that first night…something I’ve never done before. I usually shower, change then hit the streets asap. Nothing like getting in trouble minutes after check-in I always said. But tonight I had a different plan, instead I would…call momz, shower, go down for dinner then back to the room.

Dinner for 1 was good. Chicken Penne.

User Info Menu

the day quite vividly, in Kodachrome, I woke up at the Sundowner and after a shot or two of overproof made my way down to the beach. The sun was just coming up over the palms as I walked to the waters edge. I had been able to dodge the Feds up until now but had to keep moving before my luck ran out. It would be a long day on the road and I knew that I had to fortify myself for the journey. The big bus didn't come by until about 9 (if it came at all) so I had some time. Dudley, the night watchman was asleep in his guard shack out by the road. He stirred as I approached and I asked him if I could borrow his bike, he responded "no problem mon". I climbed on his old Raleigh and started peddling down the road toward town. I was tired and the hunger pains starting stabbing my empty stomach. Miss G made the best fried eggs in town and she usually always had fresh Ganja Cake too so I figured as long as the front tire didn't lose anymore air I could make it there in 5 or 10 minutes. Roosters were crowing in the dooryards as I made my way down the straightaway which had become famous

User Info Menu

johng,

love your stories and photos...could you start a separate thread and continue to share with us.

Vi,
    I'm ready for more...even though I KNOW this will kill me

User Info Menu

Thanks Sammy, more on the way.

Johng, that would be cool if you can. Your stories are way more colorful then mine and I'm sure others would appreciate being able to post how much they enjoy your recollections within your own report. I know I would. Respect.