We're heading down in October with some friends who've never been to Negril or Jamaica for that matter. They aren't new to travelling, just to Jamaica. I thought it would be fun to put together a list of tips for them since they get in 6 days before we do. I'm hoping all of you can add your wisdom to the list We're staying at Coco, so a few are Coco specific...

Here's what I have so far:

Taxis - don't pay the $10 per head they want at the hotel, walk out to the road and a taxi will stop. Negotiate the price before you get in and make sure they have a red plate.

Change - no one ever has any. Go to the front desk in the morning and change a few thousand JA to small bills - you'll need it!

Beach vendors - a polite no thank you works well - treat them with respect and you'll get the same back

ATM's - there's a Scotia ATM at Times Square and downtown; no withdrawal fees for Cdn Scotia account holders

Coco Happy Hour - every day (except Monday) at the main bar (not the snack bar), 5-7, 2 for 1 mixed drinks, beer and wine

Patties - Neville's patties are good (steel box), Norman's are better (cardboard box) and Niah's are the best but you'd better be hungry!

Ice - available from the snack bar, it closes at 6 to make sure to stock up before then!

That's all I can think of for now, I know I'm missing lots - can't wait for your input