Home | Search Negril | Negril Map | Videos | Forum | Negril Calendar of Events | Where To Stay | Transportation | Restaurants | Things To Do

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: Anyone stayed at the Beachcomber Club this year?

User Info Menu

Re: Anyone stayed at the Beachcomber Club this year?

Quote Originally Posted by CrazyBaldhead View Post
    Has anyone ever done the AI option at BCC. I woudn't normally consider it but the price I am being offered makes it appealing even if we onlt eat there half a dozen times in 2 weeks.
    I have not but we thought the room service was good. I would like to add that the rooms were nice. I did see a bad review and hadn't been to Jamaica for several years so I was curious what anyone would have to complain about and went ahead and booked anyway. I didn't see the crab this time but he lived there before and was always very friendly. I can't see any reason why not to book AI if that's what you like. I am to independent and like to do things with a private driver.

Good luck.

User Info Menu

And Do we have a home yet???
    "I'll love you till the stars fall out of the sky "

:cool

User Info Menu

Have you checked out Our Past Time Villas? I've stayed there when I was running out of options and ended up really enjoying it, even though it is a ways up the beach.

User Info Menu

The Staff at the BCC are some of the best......The problem is with the lack of maintainance and more so with the owners who feel that they are doing you a favor by letting you stay there......They have "No Clue" about how to run a resort.......You will be "Lucky" to get a room with Water pressure, a working TV ,a working toilet, or a washer and dryer that work.........The BCC could be the "Best" place on the beach if it were properly run, managed, and refurbished.....We bought a timeshare there and are finally thru with it and will never go back unless new owners take it over.......Again......The Staff are some of the best around........

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by kwhizz View Post
    The Staff at the BCC are some of the best......The problem is with the lack of maintainance and more so with the owners who feel that they are doing you a favor by letting you stay there......They have "No Clue" about how to run a resort.......You will be "Lucky" to get a room with Water pressure, a working TV ,a working toilet, or a washer and dryer that work.........The BCC could be the "Best" place on the beach if it were properly run, managed, and refurbished.....We bought a timeshare there and are finally thru with it and will never go back unless new owners take it over.......Again......The Staff are some of the best around........
    I am surprised to learn you had such a negative experience. We stayed there more times than I can remember and can report they always made things right. I remember once the A/C leaked so they moved us. This time the cable didn't work but they fixed it right away. I would never accept anything that wasn't to our satisfaction and would see that everything was perfect from the start. If any place couldn't do that then I would move.

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by Al Drake View Post
    I am surprised to learn you had such a negative experience. We stayed there more times than I can remember and can report they always made things right. I remember once the A/C leaked so they moved us. This time the cable didn't work but they fixed it right away. I would never accept anything that wasn't to our satisfaction and would see that everything was perfect from the start. If any place couldn't do that then I would move.
    One year I had to go to the local hardware store to get my own cable connector(which was missing) to hook up the TV......One year we had water in the bathroom sink but none for the toilet.......So.....I had to fill up the tank from the faucet with the wastepaper basket to flush the toilet.........Just a couple of things.......Again.....The Staff is the best and the place is very clean..........But, the basic mechanicals are shot......

User Info Menu

That's a pretty good assessment of the BCC. The place has been run into the ground over the past 15 years or so. My friends have timeshares at the BBC so I do stay there to be with my friends when in Negril but the rooms are falling apart. Big plumbing issues, cracked floor tiles, kitchen utilities not working and the list goes on.

The owners use to be married and now they live seperately in the resort. Both take in money from the resort but little of that seems to go back into the resort. Nightly security is almost absent. About 5 years ago there were a number of break ins by a man and woman. The woman had a master key and would enter the rooms with people sleeping inside. I guess that has stopped because I haven't heard of any more incidents since then.

The pros to this place are that the rooms are big, you get a lot of space. Also, the location on the beach is really good. Other then that you would probably be better off at another spot.

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by Mr.Glenn View Post
    That's a pretty good assessment of the BCC. The place has been run into the ground over the past 15 years or so. My friends have timeshares at the BBC so I do stay there to be with my friends when in Negril but the rooms are falling apart. Big plumbing issues, cracked floor tiles, kitchen utilities not working and the list goes on.

The owners use to be married and now they live seperately in the resort. Both take in money from the resort but little of that seems to go back into the resort. Nightly security is almost absent. About 5 years ago there were a number of break ins by a man and woman. The woman had a master key and would enter the rooms with people sleeping inside. I guess that has stopped because I haven't heard of any more incidents since then.

The pros to this place are that the rooms are big, you get a lot of space. Also, the location on the beach is really good. Other then that you would probably be better off at another spot.
    You are right about the best of the Beachcomber Club. That's why we enjoy staying there. I guess until we have problems we will be returning. We were there the first week in October and stayed in the front right under the manager's home. I was not sure if she was the owner but she was nice and took my wife out shopping. She met with us on the beach and introduced us to others that lived on the island.

We stayed at so many places over the several decades and have never been disappointed traveling to Jamaica.

User Info Menu

Thanks again for all the input. We have decided on another resort for our reach based on the comments here and on other sites.

WM