Home | Search Negril | Negril Map | Videos | Forum | Negril Calendar of Events | Where To Stay | Transportation | Restaurants | Things To Do

Page 24 of 26 FirstFirst ... 141920212223242526 LastLast

Thread: If you love Jamaica let me see your hand - A Trip Report

User Info Menu

Re: If you love Jamaica let me see your hand - A Trip Report

Cherry,
    I hope you see this before you leave:
    Bigga's roadside jerk chicken stand on the road down to Negril.
    The driver will know it (if he's still there).
    That rug really tied the room together.

User Info Menu

NikkiB - I find I rather miss writing them! Thank you for your kind wishes.

Rum-polephoreskin - So glad to see you back on the boards! I would be one of those folks wondering how things had turned out with Mrs. Peel. I was just back from our first trip while you were sharing your existential ramblings from Negril and I enjoyed them thoroughly. I may have taken on a few a few of your literary devices. I do try to work useful tidbits into our tale, I am glad your finding some of them. Thanks for the reminder about Biggas. It would have been a stop last year, if Sunshine hadn't been down for the count.

Guirigay - I'm feeling a little star struck, with two great trip reporters commenting one after the other. I'm a big fan of your stories, I am glad you've enjoyed mine. Congrats again to you and Sweetie Pie. Thanks for sharing those pictures of your big day.

Quote Originally Posted by Guirigay View Post
    Love it up at Catcha and throw it down at Seastar!
    That pretty much sums up the plan!

We are no longer counting days, but hours. I checked us in this morning and have our boarding passes printed out. I'm more than half packed and at this point really, I have a passport and credit card, the rest is just details!

User Info Menu

Cherry, I hope you and Sunshine have a fantastic trip! Enjoy it for all it's worth, and rack up those new adventures so you can give us a new report

Name:  image.jpg
Views: 448
Size:  34.5 KB

User Info Menu

Thoroughly enjoyed reading your trip report start to finish this morning.
    It is always a pleasure to hear stories and see pictures of our favorite places.
    You guys do it up right.
    Thank you for sharing...

Oh ya...and have another memorable trip. With that itinerary...should be easy mon!!
    Last edited by papamark; 11-23-2013 at 06:29 AM. Reason: addition

User Info Menu

Cherry,
    That has to be the best TR I've ever read. I thoroughly enjoyed every word.
    It appears you are in Negril when we are there as well, I'd be so happy to bump into you guys.
    We are doing the 100 candles at Ivan's the night before our wedding (Sunday night at Ivan's - 1st December) so it was lovely to read that part of your review too (very exciting for me).
    Well, have a safe trip back to Negril. Hope you won't need to even open the pepto or Imodium this time.

Happy travels,
    Sarah x

User Info Menu

I savored every last bit of this report. Wonderful stuff!

Mrs. D and I started going to the rock around the same time you and Sunshine did, so I can totally relate to your experiences. Have an awesome trip this time around, and we look forward to another trip report soon!

User Info Menu

We made it home and life is good! I think we both spent the whole travel day holding our breath waiting for something to go wrong and it never did! Catcha is every bit as lovely as we remember. I am staring out at the cove with my coffee and juice awaiting my stuffed johnny cakes. Life is good!

View yesterday, same today but with fewer clouds.

Name:  CameraZOOM-20131124095830070.jpg
Views: 440
Size:  93.8 KB

We used the arrival service at Club MoBay. Worth its weight in gold! We've never seen the airport that busy, we figure it saved us an hour. It would all depend though on when you were landing and how many other flights were coming in too.

I'm quoting Hussyband, it is hot, hot, hot. Certainly hotter than it has been the last 2 years.

My lounger is calling, then a dip in the pool. Rinse and Repeat

User Info Menu

Yippee you made it safe and sound. 2 weeks until I arrive. Stuffed johnny cakes sound so yummy. Enjoy every moment. -16C with windchill here so please suck up some heat for me.
    url=http://www.TickerFactory.com/]

[/url]

User Info Menu

Thanks Cherry! I love that view Sigh...

User Info Menu

6 days and counting!