Home | Search Negril | Negril Map | Videos | Forum | Negril Calendar of Events | Where To Stay | Transportation | Restaurants | Things To Do

Page 5 of 26 FirstFirst 1234567891015 ... LastLast

Thread: If you love Jamaica let me see your hand - A Trip Report

User Info Menu

Re: If you love Jamaica let me see your hand - A Trip Report

this is exactly what I needed this morning- thanks for the report!

Cant wait to hear about all of your castle adventures!

User Info Menu

just what the doctor ordered . . . thank you and more please!!

User Info Menu

Great report Cherry! How can we NOT follow along after you quote the great Vince Lombardi? (I'm also glad you choose not to waste the beer......that's a sacrilege here in Wisconsin)
    "Knowledge, logic, reason, and common sense serve better than a dozen rule books."
    -- E. Gary Gygax

User Info Menu

hanging on every word Cherry!

User Info Menu

Just wonderful. Sorry Sunshine on your Toronto munch mess, yuck. But the cure was waiting in Negril, I just bet!
    Cherry, you are making my day, loved the landing, made me want one.

User Info Menu

Great report!
    [/url]

Sometimes it's better to beg for forgiveness than ask for permission.

User Info Menu

As we pull the through the gates I don't quite know where to look first. Our bags are unloaded and arrangements for our next ride made with Kingsley. The gardener seemed to be doing double duty as porter. He hefted both our bags with so little effort it was like they were empty, rather than the 40 pounds each actually was. Up and up we went to the doors to our private paradise. Up once more and we were home.

We got the basic tour of the space, passed on our appreciation and in moments we were on our own. The windows in the Penthouse were all open, the breeze was blowing through. We could hear the sound of the surf all around us. We both kind of stood in the center of the room in a bit of a daze, just taking it all in.

I suggested that a sub might go along quite nicely with a bottle of Shamrock's liquid gold and we set about making that happen. We headed to the deck on the tower to sit back, relax and just take it all in.

Still riding high, we went exploring all the views from our 3 levels of decking. As magical as it was, the exhaustion of the past 24 hours was starting to set in. As sunset approached, we talked about how surreal if felt to be back in Negril. Our first sunset wasn't much to write about. Given the night/day we'd had, it somehow just fit.

Sunshine didn't make it that much past sunset, truth be told. I talked him into eating one of the banana breads from Juici Pattie. He'd had a whole bottle of Shamrock's juice at this point and I was hoping it would be just the restorative he needed. This was one of these nights were I am glad I insist on at least a queen size bed in our room (the penthouse is actually a king). Snuggling together is lovely 90% of the time. On the day after a nasty round of food poisoning, you kind of just want your own space.

Though it had been a long day and night and I was rather exhausted, I just wasn't ready settle down. The full moon had risen over the hills behind the castle not long after sunset and as the clouds cleared out it was like a giant night light in the sky.

Saturn (or maybe Jupiter?) was chasing the moon across the sky. I tried to capture the scene, but I was working from a point and shoot.

At one point I saw the wishing lanterns floating up from boardie Rinakim's wedding at CocoLaPalm.

It wasn't how we had planned our first night back in Negril, but I wasn't put out. Sunshine was a little worse for wear, but I was pretty confident it was a temporary setback. I was where I wanted to be and so was he and that was all that really mattered. 

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by BIG SHINY n Mango View Post
    Great report Cherry! How can we NOT follow along after you quote the great Vince Lombardi? (I'm also glad you choose not to waste the beer......that's a sacrilege here in Wisconsin)
    To be fair I am only an occasional football watcher, but when I do, I'm a cheese head through and through.

User Info Menu

so sorry for Sunshine --- a good cup of chicken foot soup works wonders --- you don't have to eat the feet lol

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by bjritz View Post
    Just wonderful. Sorry Sunshine on your Toronto munch mess, yuck. But the cure was waiting in Negril, I just bet!
    Cherry, you are making my day, loved the landing, made me want one.
    You can have the next landing like that! We'd used up so much runway before the wheels hit the ground, I was starting to think we were going to have to head back up and come around for a second go, which of course would have been better than driving off the end into the bush.