Home | Search Negril | Negril Map | Videos | Forum | Negril Calendar of Events | Where To Stay | Transportation | Restaurants | Things To Do

Page 6 of 26 FirstFirst 123456789101116 ... LastLast

Thread: If you love Jamaica let me see your hand - A Trip Report

User Info Menu

Re: If you love Jamaica let me see your hand - A Trip Report

Quote Originally Posted by Seveen View Post
    so sorry for Sunshine --- a good cup of chicken foot soup works wonders --- you don't have to eat the feet lol
    I'm hoping there is no next time, but I'm going to keep that mind. Thanks for following along

User Info Menu

cherry, you are a wonderful writer, feels like i was there alongside with you guys . . . the pics are stunning . . .

User Info Menu

Love the pics! Glad you made it there!
    http://negril.com/forum/signaturepics/sigpic9303_1.gif

User Info Menu

I thoroughly enjoyed your last trip report and am now hanging on your every word on this one. You have a magnificent talent for story-telling. I have just over a month before I'll be on a plane headed to Negril and this report is helping the days go by. As each day passes, getting me one day closer to that big airplane ride in the sky, they get slower...and slower...and slower...

User Info Menu

Wow! Your night time pictures are awesome! What an interesting perspective. And you were kinda participating in another boardies wedding too? Thats pretty cool. I bet they would love to see those pics.
    "Knowledge, logic, reason, and common sense serve better than a dozen rule books."
    -- E. Gary Gygax

User Info Menu

Love it .. just what I need to help get me through the next 80 days!
    [http://daisypath.com]

User Info Menu

I'm showing my hand!
    Great report, thank you

User Info Menu

Chapter 4

“Sometimes I arrive just when God's ready to have someone click the shutter.”
    ― Ansel Adams

It was our first full day in Negril and I had set an alarm clock for 6:10 in the morning. No joke.

Am I only one who checks the moon tables before heading on vacation?

Well, I do and I had discovered that we were arriving just in time for the full moon and that it was due to set into the ocean pretty much right in front of the castle not long after sunrise. This is my inner geek showing, but I am sucker for astronomical events. I had on opportunity once (with a 3 hour drive) to witness a total solar eclipse. It is one of my Top 10 Most Magical Experiences ever. This wasn't quite that, but I fell in love with the idea of seeing the full moon come up in the evening and then witnessing it set into the sea with the sun rising behind us.

I had originally thought we might still be up to see this happen, but obviously our plans had changed. From the beginning, I was a bit doubtful as to whether or not I'd be able to get Sunshine out of bed, but I decided in advance not to be a pain about it if he opted to just sleep through.

Well as it turns out, there was a plus side to food poisoning. Having had a pretty early night, by the time the alarm went off, we were both actually already awake. We had only to step out our front door.

Each armed with camera we had a magical start to the day.

We headed up to the upper deck to see the sun crest over the top of the hills.

User Info Menu

I spotted the Blue Mountain coffee being set out and Sunshine offered to bring us up mugs. He takes such good care of me.

To date, this is remains the only Jamaican sunrise I have witnessed. It was so very quiet. There weren't really any vehicles on the road and we couldn't really hear any sounds of the castle waking up, at least not over the sounds of the surf. It was bliss.

I managed to capture a panorama with both the sun and the moon. If you look closely on the far left, there is a rather phallic cloud pointing directly at the moon. It isn't much more that a spec, but it is there.

There is something really magical about the Penthouse. You just have so much space and it is all just for you. If you like to be alone, you can really do that here.

We eventually headed down to the courtyard for breakfast from Teddy's. We place and order for shrimp and eggs with peppers and banana rum pancakes, which we shared. Then we poured a bit more coffee and headed back up to the penthouse for a little reading and reflection.

User Info Menu

Cherry, I just thought I'd let you know about a book, that I've read about five times {Good to take on the airplane} It's called "Walk Good, Travels to Negril Jamaica" by Roland Reimer. Go to Amazon, used or kindle etc. The writing I would say is similar to yours....details! details! Keep up the posts. It's turning into a highlight of my days! Farmer