Home | Search Negril | Negril Map | Videos | Forum | Negril Calendar of Events | Where To Stay | Transportation | Restaurants | Things To Do

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: tobacco smoking...New law

User Info Menu

Re: tobacco smoking...New law

Smokers are a dying breed.

User Info Menu

Damn straight papa.

User Info Menu

Smoke your smoke, just please don't blow it in my face.... At least the cigarette smoke. Keep in mind Dr's are not recommending you smoke a cigarette to treat a multitude of ailments.

It's a matter of public health. If it was only affecting the user the nanny argument would stand.

Anyone been to Jenny's lately?

User Info Menu

But what is the actual law ? Can you smoke in your hotel room on the beach etc ? Please post a link if you have one.

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by booger View Post

Anyone been to Jenny's lately?
    Booger, lol...there's a solution to every problem

User Info Menu

Some people were born in the wrong century....I was born in the wrong country!

[/url]

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by Sonero View Post
    But what is the actual law ? Can you smoke in your hotel room on the beach etc ? Please post a link if you have one.
    I looked into theis when the law went into effect. As always, smoking in the hotel room is up to each hotel. As far as bars and resturants if it has four walls then no you can't. If not walled in ask, some will say yes and some no. It comes down to respect.

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by Prism View Post
    I looked into theis when the law went into effect. As always, smoking in the hotel room is up to each hotel. As far as bars and resturants if it has four walls then no you can't. If not walled in ask, some will say yes and some no. It comes down to respect.
    Thanks.

User Info Menu

Tobacco - It's only a machine to make money. Why pay rich people to make yourself less healthy? There is no benefit to smoking tobacco except to satisfy your addiction to nicotine. Emancipate yourself from this slavery!
    We're all in this together and none of us is getting out alive.

Administrator

User Info Menu

Crusher,

This is the original article from July 15th. This information is now outdated and no longer accurate.

The regulations have been are continued to be revised as I stated in a previous post. The article I am quoting from comes from the October 18th Gleaner:

Quote Originally Posted by Rob View Post
    There seems much ado about a rather common sense measure. The parliamentary committee, which received several submissions from a range of stakeholders and interest groups, voted to allow all businesses, including hotels, the right to establish outdoor designated smoking areas for their patrons.

Even the major local cigarette manufacturer, Carreras, doesnt seem to mind the new regulations:

http://jamaica-gleaner.com/gleaner/2...ews/news1.html

As for the "ganja connection" being leveled, I think the exact opposite is true. Jamaica is quickly attempting to decriminalize ganja as this article from last month states:

http://jamaica-gleaner.com/gleaner/2...ead/lead3.html

Shakespeare said it best, much ado about nothing...
    Negril.com - For the vacation that never ends!