Home | Search Negril | Negril Map | Videos | Forum | Negril Calendar of Events | Where To Stay | Transportation | Restaurants | Things To Do

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: tobacco smoking...New law

User Info Menu

Re: tobacco smoking...New law

Quote Originally Posted by Rob View Post
    Crusher,

This is the original article from July 15th. This information is now outdated and no longer accurate.

The regulations have been are continued to be revised as I stated in a previous post. The article I am quoting from comes from the October 18th Gleaner:

OK lets get this out in the open. What does this mean for visiting tourists who want to smoke ganja at their hotel ? Will hotels be cool with people smoking "outside" ? It seems to go against the grain of what the article mentions (public). A tourist's only private space while on vacation is a hotel.

User Info Menu

Will depend on the hotel, I'm sure. Balcony would be no problem at most I think, but I'm not sure how the higher end properties deal with that

User Info Menu

Sonero-

Each hotel is different, each with their own rules and policies. My recommendation would be to ask and observe.

But I have to think that as long as you are discrete about it, partaking on the balcony (if there is one) shouldn't be an issue.

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by Muck View Post
    Sonero-

Each hotel is different, each with their own rules and policies. My recommendation would be to ask and observe.

But I have to think that as long as you are discrete about it, partaking on the balcony (if there is one) shouldn't be an issue.

Good Advice. As a courtesy to others smokers I think we should communicate with each other via private message when investigating hotels. I'm sure the hotels wouldn't appreciate this information being online. At the same time if done discreetly could add a lot of revenue to their business This would be better off accomplished before reservations are made.