Home | Search Negril | Negril Map | Videos | Forum | Negril Calendar of Events | Where To Stay | Transportation | Restaurants | Things To Do

Thread: First Time to PA - Advice Needed

Threaded View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post

User Info Menu

Question First Time to PA - Advice Needed

Hi;

We have been to Jamaica many times (1 MoBay, 4 Ochi, 9 Negril) but to celebrate my wife's retirement we are going around the island (1 night MoBay, 4 nights PA, 3 nights Kingston, and 5 nights Negril. We are with another couple so there are 4 of us. We are using Knutsford for MoBay to PA and Kingston to Negril. We are going to use a private driver from PA to Kingston (questions on that below). I have a few questions;

In PA we want to do beach, waterfalls, mountains, forest and we like to get off the beaten path so....

Which waterfalls Reach, Somerset or another? Could we do a falls and the blue lagoon in one day or maybe add in a beach

Is it worth a day to explore the town (marina, historic sites) of Port Antonio. We are staying in a rental on East Palm Ave that we booked on AirBnB. We like to walk and are comfortable in route taxis so getting around is not an issue but what to go see?

And don't forget the suggestions we have not thought about.

Driver/guide recommendations both for a day trip around PA and transfer to Kingston.

We want to make a day of the PA to Kingston transfer (would like to be in Kingston for dinner). What to you suggest we plan on doing/seeing on the drive?

I am sure you answers will generate more questions so thanks in advance!
    Last edited by ColdInNB; 01-27-2017 at 10:36 AM.