After reading Manda's WONDERFUL trip report, I realized that we have had similar experiences. We were both accused of being "mules".

My adventure started in August 2011 at MBJ, going to board the plane to go home, they swabbed my carry on with a little white piece of paper and said it tested positive for cocaine. I had no idea how this could have happened as I don't do that. Wouldn't let me board and pulled my suitcase off the plane. Took me downstairs to the little police office (I wouldn't call it a jail) at Sangster. Searched my bags, questioned me, funny though they never patted me down. They told me that they thought I was a drug mule and they were going to give me a drug test. If I tested positive for cocaine, they were going to take me to the hospital and x-ray me to make sure I didn't eat it. So, I had to pee in a cup in front of a strange woman. Needless to say, I passed the drug test and they let me go. Luckily, I got on the next flight, missed my connection but finally made it home at 2 AM (was supposed to be home at 7:00PM).

Manda's story made me think "How many other people does this happen to?". The security guard with me said that those swabs are highly sensitive. For instance, if the taxi driver or a person at your hotel was doing cocaine and they touch your bag and they are sweating it will come through their pores onto your suitcase. She also said that the USA is the only country that requires the swabbing of bags.

But something else didn't add up. When I went through immigration, that woman looked at my passport for a LONG TIME. This had been my 11th trip to JA and I think I might have set off a red flag.

I'm not sure why it happened, just a heads up for those that travel to JA. Be careful. Needless to say, I'm a little nervous about my upcoming trip. It was definitely a scary situation, all I could think was "Locked up, Abroad". That would suck.