30 years ago today December 27th 1992, My new bride and myself stepped off an Air Canada flight and onto the beautiful island of Jamaica for the first time. I can still remember that flight well. Air Canada had free booze, and it was quite the party at the back of the plane (cause that's where the beer cart was). In those years the plane parked on the tarmac so you had to walk to the terminal. When they cracked the door to the airplane and all that hot humid air came in, it was hitting the drunks like a bomb shell. Well there was more than one passed out in their seats and even a few drunks being dragged down the hall towards immigration by their mates.

We have gone from 1 Jamaica vacation per year, to two vacations here, then sometimes three. Then retirement so we can winter here and summer in Canada. Then came permeant residence status, and now a new house being built in Whitehouse on the south coast. One more trip back to Canada while the house gets finished up here, and then Jamaica 365 here we come. It has been quite the journey.

Our first trip here was not with out hassle, the road to Negril, just to name one, hotel was over sold and we got a room with nothing it to name the 2nd, So why we came back, I don't know. There was just something about this place that kept dragging us back and to date neither of us have one single regret.

Thanks Jamaica, and here's to the next 20-30 years.