We just returned from our latest trip to Negril yesterday. It was a very nice trip. Didn't do any excursions this time, but did go through with a car rental and made our way around town much more frequently. We had not been since 2015. Comparing to the last time we were there, the beach seemed much more quiet. Toward town there seemed to fewer guests and we noticed some places down that way had closed. We also felt there were fewer vendors and higglers walking the beach and that, generally, they seemed more accepting a a "no thanks". We also thought the beach road sidewalk was great as well as the new HiLo store!

We are getting to the age with our child that for any potential future trips, she will likely be going. She turns 4 this summer. Just wondering any thoughts that others may have on traveling with a child that small. Not sure if she will get bored or if there would happen to be any safety concerns. I've already had some feedback from some other Negril travelers that have taken their kids and feel like I am probably comfortable with it (even though it will be a bit different of a trip for my wife and I). We've also considered taking my parents with us. They have never been and I'm probably more concerned with how they might receive Negril (they are both in their 70s) or anywhere outside the US.