Hey folks, well the long anticipation is finally over. I arrived in Negril late last nite, and it's been a whirlwind 24 hours.

The pilot did a great job and got us early. For once, I had a business class seat (had to, only way I could use miles), so I was FIRST off the plane and FIRST in the immigration line and FIRST to get my luggage (our flight was the only arrival) and FIRST to get out of there ....

Henry, the driver for Seastar Inn, met me, and he was a really nice guy. We made one pit stop a bit past Lucea for a drink and a smoke, then it was off to the Seastar. Oh wait, first I stopped at JahB's to see if I could rent a scooter at 930 at night, but he said through a closed door that I had to wait until tomorrow. What a dump that place is, sorry but it's true. Trash all over, really rundown ....

I got to the Seastar and checked in. They were nice enough to upgrade me to a great room with a king bed and kitchenette, and the room is really good shape, and the AC blows cold. No complaints at all. I took a quick shower, then ate a pizza -- spectacularly good for Jamaica, I would say, and the pizza even would be considered good in Los Angeles. I had sent a post a while back about the funky tasting pizza in Negril (the RIU pizza is BAD BAD BAD), but this pie was nice. I still have half of it in my fridge!

I downed a dirty banana, then called Patrick Tate, on a recommendation from the board, to come pick me up and take me out. We negotiated hard to go the the roof party near roundabout -- I told him I wanted to pay 20 dollars and needed him an hour or so, but wasn't sure if I would make another stop. He didn't like that!

Anyway, I got the club, and it was a crazy scene -- like a regular nightclub with everyone drinking and having a good time, combined with being a strip club with hot young woman dancing seductively in g-strings, etc. -- it was gettin' hot in there, baby!