Home | Search Negril | Negril Map | Videos | Forum | Negril Calendar of Events | Where To Stay | Transportation | Restaurants | Things To Do

Thread: If you love Jamaica let me see your hand - A Trip Report

Threaded View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post

User Info Menu

Post If you love Jamaica let me see your hand - A Trip Report

“You will receive most when you will expect least.”
    ― Santosh Kalwar

Hello, my name is Cherry and I am a Negril addict. When I first introduced myself last year, I wasn't sure about that statement. There remains no doubt now that I am really and truly hooked.

If you want to start this story from the very beginning, you can read my first trip report here. It is a newbie's recounting of our first visit to Negril.

I've got to find my way back, back to Summer Paradise

Be forewarned, if you prefer the condensed version of a story this (and our last) trip report might not be for you. I rarely run out of words when I am talking about things I am passionate about and I am passionate about Negril.

I say our report because I do not travel alone. I am blessed to share my adventures with my best friend and husband of 11+ years. I call him Sunshine and so can you.

When I wrote our first trip report last year, Sunshine and I were preparing to head back to Negril for the second time. I had a big case of the pre-trip fidgets and I used writing our trip report as a productive channel for my nervous energy.

I have to admit I didn't expect to enjoy writing and sharing the report as much as I did. I think the mental exercise of putting our story in print contributed more to our trip than I could have imagined. It was as though it freshened up the memories and got me into a Negril frame of mind before our plane had even left the ground. I also got to meet great folks along the way that I never would have had it not been for the report. I hope that is a trend that continues.

So I am back again for another round. This report is from our trip at the end of November 2012. There is a pattern forming here as this year finds us getting ready to head back for a third time almost exactly a year later.

How do I now know for sure I'm a Negril addict? The first year our trip was 7 days. Last year, we were blessed with 10 days. For this year? We are eagerly anticipating 14 days in paradise.

Here is a little tune to set the mood. I think it's reggae's answer to a rock anthem. If I'm having a down day, this song somehow helps to make it all okay. I can't help but want to sing along. There's something about just knowing my sweet Jamaica is there waiting for my return.

Last edited by CherryNorth49; 11-08-2013 at 05:07 PM.