Home | Search Negril | Negril Map | Videos | Forum | Negril Calendar of Events | Where To Stay | Transportation | Restaurants | Things To Do

Page 10 of 11 FirstFirst ... 567891011 LastLast

Thread: Negril Beach Club Condo - Be aware !!

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by Gwhizman View Post
    I've been visiting Negril every year since 1979, with very few exceptions tourist that take their new Jamaican friend(s) back to their room are around 99.9% sure you will be robbed or worse. I watched the same two sisters get robbed the first night of their stay two years running, all because their hooked back up with the same dude(s) that took them to the show across the road and their buddies cleaned the room out while they were gone. Now without any money or documents force to return home. Christine, consider yourself lucky Mrs. Gaynair offered any compensation, and that you were not injured or worse for such ill throughout move on your part. And that's a nice as I can be on this subject..
    Hi !

If you read properly my posts, i did mention That Mrs. Gaynair had give a compensation.

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by CarrieBean View Post
    I suppose it depends on how you look at it. You see it as blaming other Jamaicans. I see it as blaming Staff. The staff could have been any nationality
    It was Christine that brought up the point about not wanting a Jamaican to be blamed...but then turned around & blamed staff and owners that are Jamaican!! I read contradiction...which leads to a credibility issue...which has obviously happened to many readers & posters in this thread.

User Info Menu

[QUOTE=Rob;19548]Christine,

You state that you didnt want to mention your boyfriend because you thought others might want to suggest that he may have a role to play because he is Jamaican, and that is not fair as you say "they are not all bad." Yet you suggest that the Jamaican security, Jamaican staff, Jamaican management and Jamaican owners may be to blame. It is a bit hard to believe that you didnt want people to think all Jamaicans are bad when you turn around and blame many Jamaicans instead of presenting the real facts of the situation and allowing the readers to make a truly informed decision.

Rob,

As i wrote down this am, it was not a PARTY, it was a simple dinner. For me a party and a dinner are different. So please don't mess my words.

You mentionned ''Yet you suggest that the Jamaican security, Jamaican staff, Jamaican management and Jamaican owners may be to blame''. What i wrote is that i had DOUBTS about the JAMAICAN MANAGEMENT and not all the people you mention such has Jamaican staff, i never mentionned those people. I did also write down that Mrs. Gaynair has been cool when we chatted together. So what i mean is yes there are not all bad people in Jamaica it's like any people in the world. Good people and bad people. That was my meaning.

Don't mess up with my words.

So the basic fact is that i've been robbed, i will never know from who. The other fact is that an hotel has to have doors secured lock on them before renting a room.

You see, you make me feel as i am the bad person and i'm the victim here.

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by Bnewb View Post
    It was Christine that brought up the point about not wanting a Jamaican to be blamed...but then turned around & blamed staff and owners that are Jamaican!! I read contradiction...which leads to a credibility issue...which has obviously happened to many readers & posters in this thread.
    My point was that when you're in Jamaica, there's a good chance the staff will be Jamaican. Like I said, some will always pick at anything to blame the victim.

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by Gwhizman View Post
    What smart ones? all theives are stupid
    Please re-read, I was talking about the Gigolos....just because you sell your body doesn't mean you're stupid. Actually, not all thieves are stupid either....some are smart and make a damn good living from it - not that I condone it but would you consider Bernie Madoff stupid?

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by CarrieBean View Post
    My point was that when you're in Jamaica, there's a good chance the staff will be Jamaican. Like I said, some will always pick at anything to blame the victim.
    Are you the same person that came on this site and talkie about an incident you had at Mirage?

Cool Runnings, Marko
    Americana Ocho Rios 82~HedoII 84,91~T-Water 85~Wexford Court Mobay 85~Miss Mary’s 86,87~Barry’s 88~Seawinds Mobay 89~LTU 91~Charela Inn 92~Negril Inn 92~SamSara 93,94~Ocean Edge 95,96~Singles 95,96~Thrills 95~Hilltop 96,99~Pee Wees 97~Kool Browns/Bentley's 97~Cottage 99-03~Roots Bamboo 03~Merrill’s I&II 04,05~Corals Seas Cliffs & Beach 06~Catcha Falling Star 07~Blue Cave Castle 08~SeaStar 10,12~(4x)Bourbon Beach 12~T&J Cottages on Ella Dr 12-18~PeWee Cottages 18~Lynch Cottages 19,20

User Info Menu

Our group (3) of us stayed in 2 ground floor rooms on the property during the same time that Christine was there & we were aware that the patio door in our room had a broken lock, as it did in Dec. last year when we stayed there. Knowing that, we still did not feel unsafe at the property. It had a wooden stick & a chain lock on it. I do feel that the locks are in need of repair, but I was aware of that when we booked our rooms there. We saw Christine & her friend several times during our stay & they pretty much kept to themselves. I am sorry that this happened to her, but not telling all the facts of the situation does present a problem in hurting the reputation of the property. When you pay such a low price for a room, you have to know that you get what you pay for. The rooms do need some repairs, but then again, if you have stayed there before, you should be aware of that & take the necessary precautions. We have stayed there 3 different times & will do so again. I am sorry Christine that you were a victim & hope you will return to Negril in the future. Maybe next time try a different property, but be more aware of your surroundings. I do believe this is the reason why so many properties in Negril will not let you have overnight guests in your room. Just my 2 cents worth.
    Getting Old Isn't For Sissy's!!

User Info Menu

i would Bernie Madoff is VERY stupid -- he could have been a millionaire but instead stole billions and now he is in prison for Life .... what part of that is smart? lol

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by gerryg123 View Post
    i would Bernie Madoff is VERY stupid -- he could have been a millionaire but instead stole billions and now he is in prison for Life .... what part of that is smart? lol
    His downfall was greed, not stupidity. Again, I do not condone Im just sayin.

User Info Menu

Just a pont of clairification on this topic. When I see a claim of robbery, it gets my attention big time!!! A robbery by definition, involves violence or threat thereof. Burglaries, on the other hand, involve breaking and entering a building to commit a crime such as theft.

Burgalries are certainly a serious offence, especially the home invasion type when occupied. In no way am I saying this alleged incident was trivial. However a robbery, by it's very nature is much more serious.