Home | Search Negril | Negril Map | Videos | Forum | Negril Calendar of Events | Where To Stay | Transportation | Restaurants | Things To Do

Page 5 of 6 FirstFirst 123456 LastLast

Thread: Lesson learned, make sure to lock those doors...

User Info Menu

"Not saying the Cliffs is immune but when was the last time you heard something like this happening on the Cliffs?"
    Miranda just relayed a story - I thought she was staying at a cliff property, did I misread?

It happens all the time everywhere. You need to be vigilant and don't bring anything with you that you do not want to lose. Keep valuables away from the windows - a popular tiefing game was being played where the robber would literally "fish" stuff from the window.

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by rastagirl777 View Post
    It happens all the time everywhere.
    really.........

mi don't think so........
    mi think you're smoking sumthin funny.........

Cool Runnings, Marko
    Americana Ocho Rios 82~HedoII 84,91~T-Water 85~Wexford Court Mobay 85~Miss Mary’s 86,87~Barry’s 88~Seawinds Mobay 89~LTU 91~Charela Inn 92~Negril Inn 92~SamSara 93,94~Ocean Edge 95,96~Singles 95,96~Thrills 95~Hilltop 96,99~Pee Wees 97~Kool Browns/Bentley's 97~Cottage 99-03~Roots Bamboo 03~Merrill’s I&II 04,05~Corals Seas Cliffs & Beach 06~Catcha Falling Star 07~Blue Cave Castle 08~SeaStar 10,12~(4x)Bourbon Beach 12~T&J Cottages on Ella Dr 12-18~PeWee Cottages 18~Lynch Cottages 19,20

User Info Menu

Here is a link to the door jam: It is collapsible and easily fits in carry-on luggage, and it costs $12.99 ..... It's especially effective if you're afraid someone might have a key to your room ...

http://www.improvementscatalog.com/d...rity-bar/10002
    Attached Images Attached Images  
    Last edited by gerryg123; 12-07-2011 at 10:03 PM.

User Info Menu

Thanks Gerry for the above info-very helpful...Isn't it a shame that now we got worry about bringing our own security apparatuses when we travel ???
    I long for the days when you could leave your windows and doors open and hear the ocean and feel the breezes ( I was able to leave my windows open at my stay at BCC in the upper tower room, and hear the waves crashing against them-would be real hard to scale those rock walls-but sure it could be done).Anyway-so it goes.... But yes, some very helpful ideas you all put out there...
    " Ones destination is never a place, but rather a new way of looking at things." (Henry Miller)

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by MissNegril View Post
    Actually if you want to get into it, I spoke to another guest that was there when it happened as well as another employee and made my judgment based on the factual information I was told. Which was much more of a story that you enlightened us with here on this board. Funny how people will leave things out when they have used poor judgment on their vacations.
    The only reason I'm replying to you is because what you say is total BS and I don't appreciate it. I'll drop it after this, since it happened almost four years ago. I can't imagine what you would have been told that was left out, if anything, and I highly doubt you heard anything from a guest that was there at the same time. If a guest (or staff member) told you anything, it would have been second hand info from the manager there. We're not trouble makers in any way and had never had anyone, outside of housekeepers, in our rooms. The only poor judgment we made was staying at that property and believing the manager when she told us we didn't need a safe (we asked when we got there, to put our passports and some cash in). It was obvious someone got in the room with a key, since our room was always locked (whether we were inside or out for the day). Afterward, she told us she might be able to get some of our stuff back, like the watch. Funny, she seemed to have known where some of the stuff could be retrieved. Yes, your judge of character is definitely off...or something.

About the door stop alarm. I checked CT and three other stores so far and none had them. Has anyone tried the little stick on contact alarms for doors?

User Info Menu

Greetings from St.louis , 3rd most dangerous city in the world, Right behind Bogota and Juarez Mexico and right in front of Port o Prince Haiti.When I'm going to Negril , I feel like a Super Bowl MVP and scream : I'm going to Disney Land!!!

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by wench View Post
    What's a Pacsafe?
    Here are their travel security products. They sure have expanded their offerings!

http://pacsafe.com/www/index.php?_room=3&activity_id=80
    Last edited by Yvonne; 12-08-2011 at 09:44 AM.

User Info Menu

You can set up trip wires...while you can't set up claymores you can take two red stripe bokkles...Set one on one side of the patio railing and one on the other side. Take fishing line and tie the two bottles together..As they sneak on the patio and go through the fishing line it will pull the bokkles off the railing and make a rather loud breaking noise...It will wake you up and scare the poop out of the intruder...Trip wires are your sleeping police..
    BE A TRAVELR

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by BR Mon View Post
    You can set up trip wires...while you can't set up claymores you can take two red stripe bokkles...Set one on one side of the patio railing and one on the other side. Take fishing line and tie the two bottles together..As they sneak on the patio and go through the fishing line it will pull the bokkles off the railing and make a rather loud breaking noise...It will wake you up and scare the poop out of the intruder...Trip wires are your sleeping police..
    Pretty slick BR Mon. It reminded me of a couple of other alarms I have. One, which I take but usually don't use (seldom out at night since I get up so early), is a personal alarm/flashlight. It will scare the wits out of anyone, if activated, w/ its shrill alarm. It's at my bedside... never had to use it.

The other one I haven't taken, but now will as an extra precaution. It was a Xmas gift a few years back... just tried it out & put it w/ my Negril "stuff". It's a combo personal alarm (just as loud & shrill as the other), flashlight, & motion detector alarm w/ a 20 sec. delay to allow you to get out of the room. You hang it on a doorknob. I looked for it online (by Brookstone). The closest one looks different but also has an alarm clock feature. I prefer mine, but that's me... the simpler, the better.

http://www.amazon.com/Brookstone-Sec.../dp/B003B5DE04

User Info Menu

I purchased my door jam from amazon.com...check that site as well.