Home | Search Negril | Negril Map | Videos | Forum | Negril Calendar of Events | Where To Stay | Transportation | Restaurants | Things To Do

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Cliff denizens, your favorite beach for a day trip.

User Info Menu

Cliff denizens, your favorite beach for a day trip.

SInce we have pretty much given up on the beach resorts and now do only a cliff resort year after year, the beach has become a somewhat distant memory.

We are putting one beach day on the itinerary this year. Any regular cliff vacationers that are willing to give some ideas on where to go for the day on the beach? Wife has one two requirements, shade and hopefully a good vendor traffic. We tried the boardwalk place (the exact name escapes me) last year, it was ok. When I'm not staying somewhere, I kind of feel bad sitting in front of their hotel.

I'm contemplating renting a room at one of the spots, just so she has a place to use the facilities in peace, and a bit of AC if necessary.

User Info Menu

Re: Cliff denizens, your favorite beach for a day trip.

i would suggest to you the White Sands. plenty of shade options, and a great social bar ! Rooms are basic, but clean and lots of hot water, and good ac.

User Info Menu

Charela Inn....Plenty of palm trees for shade, quiet atmosphere, great location, excellent food, (pricey drinks). SunBeach.......Umbrellas for shade, music (sometimes live, otherwise cds), cool vibe, great bar, fair food......both places you will see plenty of vendor action!

User Info Menu

For 33 years, I would have said Cosmo's, but they recently closed. I'm thinking about the public park next door until the future of Cosmo's sorts itself out.
    We're all in this together and none of us is getting out alive.

User Info Menu

Like you, we are exclusively cliff dwellers. For a day at the beach, we go to Sun Beach. Good food and drink, nice vibes and plenty of vendor action. The staff keeps the hassle away, too. Plenty of shade under umbrellas, at the bar or in the restaurant.

We've tried the Boardwalk Village, too. I found it to be expensive and the vibe was lacking.

User Info Menu

I agree with Mike D <when I stay in the cliffs its usually Sun beach for beach

[/url]

User Info Menu

The Last Mango Bar at Yellow Bird. Plenty of shade, lots of beach traffic, great 2 for 1 drink specials!
    Sing unto God, sing praises to his name: extol him that rideth upon the heavens by his name JAH, and rejoice before him. KJV Psalm 68:4

User Info Menu

We went to Sun Beach the first year at the recommendation of our driver. We went back the last two years also. It's convenient and the drinks are good and reasonably priced. Food is good also or you can eat at Best in the West across the street first. They have plenty of loungers that they don't mind you using if you buy a drink or two.

Also last year we went to Canoe bar for happy hour and had fun hanging out at their little beach and you can swim there too. There are a couple great shade trees.

User Info Menu

Sun Beach is cool and right next to my fav spot, Firefly. Firefly has a nice deck that you can sit on and get a formal sit down lunch if you want to get off the sand, although lunch for me is typically patties from norman and what ever fruit i have left from breakfast.

User Info Menu

How are the vendors down by sun beach (wife wants shopping to come to her this year).