Home | Search Negril | Negril Map | Videos | Forum | Negril Calendar of Events | Where To Stay | Transportation | Restaurants | Things To Do

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Rocky has started Rockies Local Cuisines!

Administrator

User Info Menu

Rocky has started Rockies Local Cuisines!

Negril.com - For the vacation that never ends!

User Info Menu

Re: Rocky has started Rockies Local Cuisines!

Congratulations to Rocky and Roxann!!! We will definitely be giving this a try.

User Info Menu

I'm going to start off by saying I mean this in a constructive, helpful way. There's nothing I'd like to see more than new businesses survive and thrive.

However, I don't really see how posts like this help much, when with just a little more effort, so much more could be done.

What type of food do they serve? Is there a menu? Is there a phone number? What about a website or social media page? A picture from the outside, to make it easier to find?

Many tourists, especially those who aren't "regulars" don't know what Value Master Plaza is. Show the location pinned on a map?

I'm not just talking about this post - this is how almost all the advertisements like this go - a single picture, some prose - but very little actual information.

User Info Menu

Here is their facebook page, which also includes their phone number, menu, location, pictures and more.
    https://www.facebook.com/rockies2703

Administrator

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by HarryS View Post
    I'm going to start off by saying I mean this in a constructive, helpful way. There's nothing I'd like to see more than new businesses survive and thrive.

However, I don't really see how posts like this help much, when with just a little more effort, so much more could be done.

What type of food do they serve? Is there a menu? Is there a phone number? What about a website or social media page? A picture from the outside, to make it easier to find?

Many tourists, especially those who aren't "regulars" don't know what Value Master Plaza is. Show the location pinned on a map?

I'm not just talking about this post - this is how almost all the advertisements like this go - a single picture, some prose - but very little actual information.
    Harry,

Why not just check the Food Choices on Negril.com - it takes you to their website and even has a picture taken from outside.

Their website still needs the map to work, we are doing that today.

The Negril Today page is an introductory page, nothing more, nothing less. It is not meant to have information that is included logically elsewhere on Negril.com.

https://negril.com/dining/jamaican.html

User Info Menu

Rob, it seems you're missing my point, but that's ok. Carry on...

Administrator

User Info Menu

Harry,

It seems that you are missing the point of marketing, an intro page informing people about a new business.

The FB page doesn't have the location, me and Roxann literally added that to Google Maps around 1pm.

Harry, can't you please be helpful to a new business.... times are tough, why make it more difficult?

User Info Menu

Look Rob, that's exactly what I was trying to do here. Suggest you add more information to your introductory pages, because maybe that's the only place someone will see anything about this business, and if they don't know to look for your restaurants pages, they will move on and may never see anything about this business.

I should have realized you'd have a problem with constructive criticism, because instead of saying "thanks for your input" or any form of that, you told me I was doing it wrong, and could have just gone to the "food choices" page, which doesn't exist but I realize you mean your restaurant page.

Also, I said nothing that would make it more difficult for a new business, and I have no idea why you feel the need to add a negative attack on me. My intent was to suggest you get more information out there in your posts, and that it wouldn't hurt to add more information even if it's just an introductory page. That it couldn't hurt to get the really important info in front of people in as many ways as possible, and not send them searching for it, like they should just know how to do it. Many people aren't computer literate enough to do that on their own, and might just move on.

But hey, you seem to know everything you need to know about marketing, so I'll leave you to it.

Here's another piece of constructive criticism for you - The way you interact with your visitors at times leaves a lot to be desired. Maybe you didn't like my input, and that's fine. Maybe you didn't understand what I was saying, that's fine too. But the way you respond, all I can say is, wow. Somehow you twisted my intentions, which were to get more visibility for this and other new or struggling businesses, into exactly the opposite. Wow.

Maybe my biggest error was posting my suggestion publicly, instead of sending you a private message. If you feel "called out", for that I apologize and it was not my intention. My intentions were to be helpful.

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by HarryS View Post
    Rob, it seems you're missing my point, but that's ok. Carry on...
    You don't mean to be passive aggressive.....BUT..........

"I'm going to start off by saying I mean this in a constructive, helpful way"

Do you, do you really??.....

Harry, you make some points to ponder, but your delivery is awful.

"However, I don't really see how posts like this help much, when with just a little more effort, so much more could be done."

Take your own criticism and advice Harry.

Administrator

User Info Menu

Harry,

The "Food Choices" page exists, it is on the Main Menu...

Name:  Screenshot_20210530-071105_Chrome.jpg
Views: 503
Size:  272.3 KB