Home | Search Negril | Negril Map | Videos | Forum | Negril Calendar of Events | Where To Stay | Transportation | Restaurants | Things To Do

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: IPad 3G SIM Cards

User Info Menu

Yeah most of the hotels have some sort of WiFi now. Our rooms are close to the lobby in our hotel and we get good reception so I can check emails and such on the computer right from my bed. The nice thing about having a SIM card in an iPhone is that it becomes an instant 4G Modem as it can become a wireless hotspot. Should be fun playing around with it this year. I am in the technology business as I work for a Telecommunications Company!
    Some people were born in the wrong century....I was born in the wrong country!

[/url]

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by Craig123 View Post
    Hi SGG (pud). I'm gonna be in Negril the exact same time. Maybe we can hook up (for conversation of course).
    Ya, I bet were on the same plane!

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by Sand Gravity Girl View Post
    Ya, I bet were on the same plane!
    Maybe at the same resort!!!

User Info Menu

The combination of wifi and 3G should work. Thanks and Craig 123... I'll talk to you when we get home! LOL xxoo

User Info Menu

My daughter just came home and she used her I-pad everywhere (WIFI) -But leave your sim at home!

User Info Menu

I purcased a Lime sim card from mrsimcard. They have iphone/ipad data plans. If you have a regular sim card, you can purchase a sim card cutter for about $5 from amazon. No skill is required. You must have an unlocked ipad or iphone. Many of new firmware, modem versions, are unable to be unlocked. For iphone 4 I think only 1.59 baseband can be unlocked. Just remember, just because you jailbreak it, it is not necessarly able to be unlocked.

User Info Menu

I bought an unlocked phone right from Apple for this reason.
    Some people were born in the wrong century....I was born in the wrong country!

[/url]