Home | Search Negril | Negril Map | Videos | Forum | Negril Calendar of Events | Where To Stay | Transportation | Restaurants | Things To Do

Page 8 of 24 FirstFirst ... 34567891011121318 ... LastLast

Thread: 35 Sunsets Slices of Salt Life from the Capital of Cool

User Info Menu

Re: * * * * 35 Sunsets - Slices of ‘Salt Life’ from the Capital of Cool * * * *

Okay - I gotta start by saying that I feel like a pimp being the only one posting in the thread that I started . . . hmmmm . . .

Whuuuh! It is hot today, mon . . . . but I like it!
    Things are settling into a predictable rhythm, today started with a walk on the pristine beach followed by a swim in the placid, flat ocean. There wasn’t a breath of wind this morning. I watched Mudd (he of dog collar fame) launch a hot air balloon from Donaldson’s and it went straight up for minutes before slowly drifting out over the water.

This afternoon, Bea, Shrek and I feasted on enormous, mouth-watering patties from Niah – that man of Rasta fame. Mine was a ‘combo’ – a delicious mixture of chicken, ackee and callaloo - deep fried in a pan of artery thickening oil over Niah’s natural wood fire. Although it was hot outside, I can’t image what the temperature was in Niah’s bamboo shack.
    Then I took a nap. Tonight is the pig roast and Bob Marley birthday party at White Sands. Party on, dude!

Here is a shot of the dog that adopted us just before sunset. After a brief interlude of scratching the flea-infested mutt behind his mangy ears, Bea went to the room and retrieved the can of cocktail wieners that she had picked up at Value Master just in case such a forlorn hobo should drop by. You should have seen his ears perk up when he heard Bea pull the lid off that can. A beach dog! Wasn’t his first dinner from a can, obviously. Anyhow, at the ripping of the top he got excited as a fat boy walking into a candy store.

Name:  DSC03901sm.jpg
Views: 630
Size:  83.9 KB

She fed him from an improvised dish, cut from the bottom of an old juice jug – so that he wouldn’t get sand on the feast. Well, he pulled each wiener out of the dish and dropped it in the sand, nosed it around a bit and then ate it.
    Last night we dined on conch bits at Sun Beach, washed down with copious amounts of Red Stripe. There was some kind of gecko festival going on, because at one point in our meal there were three of the little critters circling the ceiling above us. That ceiling is painted eggshell blue, which is not in the colour spectrum of the chameleon. Look at him trying to turn blue!

Name:  DSC03913sm.jpg
Views: 656
Size:  26.0 KB

At the end of our meal, just in time – who should appear but the Cake Lady! Banana loaf this time. We gorged ourselves on two large pieces.

Name:  DSC03911sm.jpg
Views: 616
Size:  85.2 KB
    My Books:

Walk Good - Sunset Negril - Night Nurse
    Available @ www.amazon.com - search 'Roland Reimer'

User Info Menu

Great photos! I can't wait to be there on the 12th.

User Info Menu

Thanks for the pics! It sounds like there are lots of activities going on. I only get to go in the off season so its generally pretty slow.

User Info Menu

Loving this, always waiting for the next update! Cheers for sharing!
    Rise early, treat everyday as though it's your last and your last day as it's your first.

User Info Menu

Keep it coming! BTW snow forecast in Ottawa tomorrow, so enjoy

User Info Menu

Loving your report!!!

User Info Menu

That cake looks outta sight! I've never seen the Cake Lady -- but I sure would be interested in meeting up with her.

User Info Menu

this is a great report...we always take food and treats for the beach dogs.....and they always seem to roll it in the sand before eating it...must be their seasoning...lol
    2009 trip http://www.negril.com/cgi-bin/discus.cgi?pg=prev&topic=196641&page=272185

2010 halloween---no TR

trip 2012
    http://negril.com/forum/showthread.php/5589-Trip-report-sept-1-14-including-pelicanbar-catcha-legends-samsara-pubcrawl-etc

trip 2013
    http://negril.com/forum/showthread.php/8323-gettin-my-groove-on-quot-TRIP-report-quot-boardie-bash-style-april21-may11-2013

.trip 2014
    http://negril.com/forum/showthread.php/11962-Trip-report-Boardie-Bash-2014-best-trip-yet

User Info Menu

hehehehehe Bob's birthday celebrated with a pig roast?? LOL the rastaman mus be rollin in his grave... a wha kinda ting "dat" ?
    Last edited by ackee; 02-06-2013 at 10:01 PM.

User Info Menu

Thanks for the pics and updates Kahuna. We really enjoy your style. Three more sleeps and we're on our way. I just got a call from my sister in Boston and they are expecting 18 - 24 inches of snow from Friday morning thru Saturday evening. A good ol' noreaster. They were going to fly out on Saturday but re-booked for Sunday. We'll have get started without them.

Soon come can't come soon enough!