Home | Search Negril | Negril Map | Videos | Forum | Negril Calendar of Events | Where To Stay | Transportation | Restaurants | Things To Do

Thread: First trip to Negril - Travel Report : Coco La Palm - DAY 5

Threaded View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post

User Info Menu

Markus would be a much better narrator for this night because he remembers a lot more than I do.. (ahem).. But unfortunately he's in the middle of a big programming job so the task has been placed on my lap.

I'll do the best I can...

Before heading off the Luciano concert we decided to open up the Rum we had gotten from the Grand Pineapple and enjoy some of it on the balcony.

Then we called for a taxi at the Receptionist area and we were off.

This was our first time heading away from the seven mile strip of beach. It was really exciting.. Even though it was dark and we couldn't make out much as we weaved around the curves on the narrow road leading up to the cliffs.

When we reached the Seastar, We said goodbye to Tall man (our taxi driver) and joined the group of people lined up to buy tickets to the event. It was pretty crowded. It looked like a good mixture of locals and tourists, which was really cool to see.

We decided to opt for the buffet and show combo for 25$. It seemed like a good deal and I was eager try the Seastar buffet that everyone has been raving about.

We purchased our tickets and passed through the crowd to the stage. I saw that a lot of the tables close to the stage were already filled. People around us were all greeting eachother cheerfully. I imagine there were a lot of Negril.com boardies in the mix, but I realized that I was going to have a hard time figuring out who was who. There were no name tags and it's hard to spot people based on their tiny little profile pictures of Negril Sunsets and beaches.

“I don't know who anyone is...” I whispered to Markus

“Don't worry”, he laughed “I'm sure they'll all recognize you from your very detailed close up profile picture of your EYE”

hmmm.. he had a point there. Maybe it's time to change my profile pic...

We went up the stairs to check out the Buffet. It looked delicious, we immediately piled up our plates filled with food.

Then we stood there with our plates in hand. We realized that all the tables were occupied with other people. It was kind of like entering a new cafeteria on your first day of school. We scanned the area for some empty seats..

We noticed some seats available at a table with two women. They both looked really cool, so we hesitantly approached them.

“Mind if we sit here?”, Markus asked

“Of course!”

Phew.

I pulled out the seat next to a slender woman with short blond hair. She greeted me with a friendly smile and nod.

Little did I know at the time, this was a fellow boardie, Michele (choochy420)! It was great meeting you!

The food was incredibly good! I highly recommend this buffet to anyone going to a seastar concert. It's feel good food and so tasty. It would be impossible not to find something you like from the spread.

We enjoyed the food and the view of the first performer from the balcony area. Eventually a man with dreadlocks came and sat down with us too. He was with the woman sitting across from me. He was really friendly too and we had a conversation about Luciano. Turns out he was friends with Luciano!
    Last edited by Clarity; 06-26-2011 at 05:05 PM.
    Carpe Diem